About Star Jobs
Star Jobs is a new and simplified way to help you identify promising occupations. Star ratings are assigned based on wages, projected growth rate, and projected job openings, and each occupation has a rating of between 1 and 5 stars. Occupations with 5 stars are considered to have better career prospects than occupations with fewer stars. For more information on Star Jobs, the Star Jobs methodology, and regional brochures, click here.
About the Page
The Star Jobs page allows you to search more than 700 occupations in North Carolina by geography, wage, education, and career cluster. You can also sort data by clicking on the triangle icon on the column header (such as Stars or Title header). Detailed occupational information are available by clicking the green plus sign (“+”) next to the occupational title.
About the Data
- North Carolina Occupational Projections 2017 – 2026
- Occupational Employment and Wages in North Carolina (OES)
- Bureau of Labor Statistics Education Requirements
- O*NET Career Clusters
- There may be adjustments to the ratings based on knowledge of the labor market.
- The following occupations were not rated:
- Occupations with 2026 projected employment below 500, the minimum size threshold statewide.
- "All Other" titles (such as Cooks, All Other): these represent occupations with a wide range of characteristics that do not fit in with closely related detailed occupations.
- Difficult-to-project occupations such as Clergy and Directors, Religious Activities and Education.
- Not all wage data is available at the state and sub-state level. Please consult with OES for further detail for suppressed data, excessively high wages, and occupations with no data