- Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics
- Statisticians use statistical methods to collect and analyze data and help solve real-world problems in business, engineering, the sciences, or other fields.
What do they typically do
- Adapt statistical methods to solve specific problems in many fields, such as economics, biology, and engineering.
- Determine necessary data for answering specific questions or problems
- Decide about methods for finding or collecting data
- Design surveys, experiments, or opinion polls to collect data
- Collect data or train others to collect data
- Analyze and interpret data
- Report conclusions based on analysis
- Find relationships and trends in data as well as any factors that could affect research results
Number of Jobs
Education & Training
- Education Most require a graduate degree like a master's, Ph.D., M.D., or law degree.Associated Programs or MajorsLicense
First StepFind out where to start your new journey. Get started
Next StepFind out what's next in line on your career journey. Get started
Video provided CareerOneStop. CareerOneStop is sponsored by the U.S. Department of Labour, Employment and Training Administration and the Minnesota Department of Employment & Economic Development.